Privacy & Cookies
Privacy & Cookies
Rolton Group values the privacy of visitors to this website and of anyone that shares personal information with us.
Types of information gathered
We only gather relevant information to satisfy legal obligations, legitimate business interests or for purposes otherwise consented by you. Information gathered may typically include (for example):
- Personal contact details like name, job title, e-mail address, telephone numbers, etc.
- Records of your contact with us, such as project related details and messages, sales and purchasing related information, e-mail records, postal records, telephone records and online services records.
- Information for marketing related purposes, including e-mail addresses for opt-in marketing e-mails, data collected for website and marketing improvements (such as info provided by Google Analytics – further details below).
- Recruitment related information associated with a job application, such as name, contact details, career history, nationality and eligibility to work, experience and performance.
- Information recorded as a result of visiting one of our offices, such as name, organisation details, car registration number, etc.
Personal information gathered by Rolton Group typically comes directly from you or from your business colleagues and business associates (i.e. your wider project design team, direct colleagues, related industry contacts, etc.) Other sources may include publically available records of information such as social media, public articles (both online and in print), etc.
Use of personal data
“Personal information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as your name, e-mail address, phone number, postal address, etc.
We use any personal information given to us only for specific and limited purposes and only ask for information that is relevant. Further information about the way data is used relating to specific points of engagement is listed in more detail below, although typically, personal data is used in the following ways (as appropriate):
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations.
- For the management of our business (including auditing requirements).
- For the successful progression of client projects.
- To enable direct, consent based marketing communications.
- For market and client research and analysis purposes.
- To assess the suitability of recruitment prospects.
- To assess the suitability of suppliers, sub-contractors and any other connected (or potentially connected) stakeholders.
If you do provide personal information to us, we will:
- Not sell or rent any information without your permission.
- Take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
- Not use or disclose the information except;
- as necessary to provide services or products you have requested or agreed to
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations)
- as required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential
- as necessary to comply with the terms of contract
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Rolton Group, its users, or others. This may include (for example) exchanging information with other organisations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Common scenarios in which we may use personal data
On our website
You can access the Rolton Group website without providing any personally identifiable information, with the exception of our protected resources download pages where a name and e-mail address is required.
Cookies by themselves cannot be used to identify a user. Cookies are small text files that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Your browser sends these cookies back to the website every time you visit the site again, so it can recognise you as a return visitor and improve your experience.
There is nothing especially secret about the information gathered by cookies, but you may be concerned that your web behaviour is being used to target you for marketing purposes. You can update your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, enabling you to decide whether you want to accept it or not.
For transparency, we provide details below of our third party tracking cookies (Google Analytics) with information about how to opt out of them if you wish.
Google Analytics is a service offered by Google that generates detailed statistics about the visitors to a website. Their cookies are used to store details such as how long a visitor spends on a website, which website pages have been visited, and how a visitor found your website (i.e. via Google search, from another website, via social media, etc.).
The Google Analytics ‘Opt-out Browser Add-on’ is available for Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari and Opera and is linked here if you would prefer not to accept Google Analytics tracking cookies: Google Analytics ‘Opt-out Browser Add-on’
On the Rolton Group website, strategic papers written by our team to provide industry insights into various topics are available to download. These strategic papers are the intellectual property of Rolton Group and as such, we request a name and e-mail address to be submitted in order to gain access. Details entered here allow us to monitor who is interested in our latest strategic papers for analysis purposes and also, allows our team to get in touch to receive feedback about the papers directly.
There is also an option to register for updates from Rolton Group when entering details to access downloadable resources. This is an entirely optional tick box and you will only be sent e-mail marketing updates from Rolton Group if you opt-in to receive them (see below for more information about e-mail marketing).
Data entered to access the downloadable resources is recorded by Rolton Group, held within our secure digital file system and also on the Rolton Group web server (managed by our appointed design agency.)
Our marketing team share news and updates by e-mail with contacts that have opted-in to receive e-mail marketing updates from Rolton Group. The types of communication shared are divided into three preference categories:
- Quarterly Newsletter – once every quarter, a newsletter containing updates from the Rolton Group team (i.e. updates about our performance, projects, services, and comment pieces) is shared.
- Key company updates – key company updates regarding the operation of Rolton Group are shared as and when important matters arise (i.e. sharing details of new office locations, new or changing services from Rolton Group, or senior staff changes etc.)
- Thought leadership - key insights from our team on themes relevant to our industry and the sectors that we operate within.
An e-mail is sent to all relevant new contacts added into Clarity (our internal file and project management system) giving them the opportunity to opt-in to receive our e-mail marketing updates. You will not be sent e-mail marketing updates from Rolton Group's marketing team unless you have opted-in to receive them online, by e-mail or with written consent.
If you have opted-in to receive e-mail marketing updates from Rolton Group, you can choose which types of communication you would like to receive by clicking the ‘update your preferences’ option at the bottom of our marketing e-mails, ensuring that only communications of interest are shared with you.
Rolton Group e-mail marketing updates are sent by the Rolton Group team via Mailchimp – a secure, third party e-mail marketing platform which helps us better manage our mailing lists and the preferences of people subscribed to them. More information about Mailchimp can be found on the Mailchimp website (www.mailchimp.com).
If you no longer wish to receive e-mail marketing updates from Rolton Group, you can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe from this list’ option at the bottom of our marketing e-mails.
Client Satisfaction Surveys
If you are a client of ours, you are likely to receive an e-mail requesting feedback on project performance from the Rolton Group team, with a link to access your client satisfaction survey on the Rolton Group website.
Any information that you provide within a client satisfaction survey is used by the Rolton Group team to monitor our performance and identify areas for improvement.
Any information that is provided within the client satisfaction surveys is held by Rolton Group within our secure digital file system and also on the Rolton Group web server (managed by our appointed design agency.)
Comments entered as part of a client satisfaction survey are only shared publically if direct consent is given for this.
At Rolton Group, we use Microsoft Outlook as our company-wide e-mail application. As such, any personal information shared with anyone at Rolton Group via e-mail (name, e-mail address, company address, telephone number, etc.) is automatically recorded within the Outlook e-mail application, with all messages backed up and held within our secure digital file system.
When visiting our offices
Visitors to any of our offices will typically be asked to provide details such as their name, which organisation they work for, car registration number, etc. when entering the building. Also, some images of visitors may well be captured and stored via our office CCTV cameras, which operate continuously. Data recorded in this way is only used for security purposes, to ensure a safe and secure environment for the Rolton Group team and any visitors that we may have.
Project progression and the provision of services
Data received in connection with client projects is used only as required for the correct and proper execution of the project and/or for the management of our business relationship with that party. It is shared with third parties only as required for the progression of the project and is not sold or otherwise used for commercial purposes outside of the project. On completion of the project, data is archived as part of the project file in accordance with the data retention requirements of our Professional Indemnity Insurers, for a minimum of 12 years.
External data storage sites
Where required for successful project progression, we may share specific, project related information with clients and project teams. This may also include sharing project related information via third-party file sharing and storage systems (i.e. dropbox, specific project portals, etc.) as specified by the client or project team.
What policies and procedures are there safeguarding personal information?
We do all that we can to ensure that all personal information is kept securely. Rolton Group take security measures very seriously and are accredited by the Cyber Essentials Plus scheme.
Your privacy responsibilities
To help protect your privacy, be sure to take customary precautions to guard against malware (viruses, bots, etc.), for example by installing and updating suitable anti-virus software.
You have the right at any time to:
- request to view information that we hold about you.
- let us know of any corrections or updates required with regards to your data to help us ensure that data held is accurate and up-to-date.
- to request that data held about you is deleted.
Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns regarding the data held about you by Rolton Group, including any requests to view the information held about you or with regards to a request for the deletion of data held about you.
Thank you for visiting www.rolton.com.